Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Gordon Cullen's The Concise Townscape (El Paisaje Urbano)


If somebody asks me which is my favorite book on urbanism, I won't think it twice. I love Gordon Cullen's The Concise Townscape, that I've read in Spanish as El Paisaje Urbano.
I must have been 18 years old when I bought the book, and today, it could seem simple, without impressive scientific theories -as we read today-, but Gordon was so clear, that you'd never forget the basic concepts of urban design.
And the sketches, beautiful, even today in the era of the computers. I'm sharing some of them that I've downloaded from Google images. 





Thomas Gordon Cullen (b. 9 August 1914, Calverley - 11 August 1994, Wraysbury) was an influential English architect and urban designer who was a key motivator in the Townscape movement. He is best known for the book Townscape, first published in 1961. Later editions of Townscape were published under the title The Concise Townscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...